Baseball is a popular American sport. 2 teams compete against each other during a game by taking turns batting and fielding.
The game itself
A standard baseball game consists of 9 ‘innings’. The players, one-by-one, try to hit the thrown (pitched) ball and get around the three bases and back to the home plate where they started, without being out. This is called a ‘run’. After three ‘outs’, the other team gets a chance to try to get as many runs as possible. After both teams had their chance at bat, an inning has passed.
A baseball team consists of 9 members, 6 infielders and 3 outfielders. The infielders are the pitcher, catcher, first baseman, second baseman, short stop and third baseman. The outfielders are the left field, center field and right field.
Ready to play ball?
Do you want to try baseball or do you already know the game? Then join us at practice! You can try out our practices 3 times for free, after that you have to sign up.
- Where: “Grote Zaal” in building De Nayer at the Sportkot (Tervuursevest 101, 3001 Heverlee)
- When: From October through March every Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Where: Baseball field next to building De Nayer at the Sportkot
- When: From April through September every Tuesday and Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m.
- Who: anyone 14 years and older. Are you younger than 14? Take a look at our youth section.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us.